Mold Removal, Remediation & Abatement
Moldman’s expertise is in mold removal, remediation and abatement. For our purposes, all three of these words mean the same thing: restoring clean air in your home or business by getting rid of your mold problem professionally, following industry best practices. We have restored clean, healthy air for thousands of individuals, families and businesses since our founding in 2006.
Did you know that almost every indoor environment has invisible mold at low levels that is not harmful? It’s true! But when there is visible mold in a home or business or the number of airborne mold spores is higher than normal, a mold problem exists. Sometimes small mold problems can be fixed by the homeowner. When that is the case, Moldman will tell you so! That’s part of the Moldman Difference. However, when the problem is larger or beyond your capabilities, that’s when Moldman is the best choice to perform mold remediation, removal or abatement. At Moldman, we don’t over blow the problem, use scare tactics, or recommend burning your house down. We believe all mold problems can be dealt with in a professional manner without breaking your bank account. That’s also part of the Moldman Difference.
Benefits of our Service
Here are the benefits for you when you hire us for professional mold remediation or removal:
Restoring of clean air for you and your family or business
Protecting the value of your home or business
Safety (Mold remediation is a construction service, which can be risky)
Time (You're busy, let us handle it)
Peace of mind
One and done - mold problems can recur if not fixed properly. We eliminate this possibility.
Professional mold removal, remediation or abatement is a careful, step-by-step process involving the use of specialized equipment and cleaning agents. There are many details involved in doing this process correctly. But the overall Moldman process can be broken down into some general steps, as follows:
1. Containment. Contain the work area to prevent cross-contamination of mold spores to non-affected areas of the building.
2. HEPA Air Scrubbing. Clean the air using commercial-grade and industrial-strength air scrubbing machines. These machines use what are known as HEPA filters, which are designed to capture 99.97% of all airborne and microscopic mold spores which pass through the filters. This process helps to improve air quality in the room(s) where the air scrubbers are placed and prevent mold spores from circulating to other rooms.
3. Selective Demo. Carefully remove the negatively impacted building materials. Focus is on controlled demo and removal in order to prevent kicking and stirring up additional mold spores as much as possible.
4. HEPA Vacuum. Vacuum the contaminated area using what are known as HEPA filters, which are designed to capture 99.97% of all airborne and microscopic mold spores which pass through the filters.
5. Antimicrobial Cleaning. Clean the contaminated area with hospital-grade antimicrobial cleaning agents to kill mold growth.
6. Final HEPA Vacuuming & Clean-Up of Work Area. The final step involves HEPA vacuuming and performing an antimicrobial wipe-down on surfaces where mold spores may have settled within the work area. Once the job has been double-checked for quality, containment is taken down and the customer has been informed of a successful remediation.
The big question: How much do we charge? Professional mold removal is a construction service and like most construction services, the final price will be based on size and scope of the work. It would be similar to asking “What does a plumber charge?” Obviously, a small plumbing leak is going to cost way less than installing totally brand new plumbing in a bathroom. Like the plumber example above, Moldman might only charge a few hundred dollars for a little mold problem in say a closet but will charge much more to do mold remediation in a flooded basement. What we promise you about pricing is this: we offer competitive pricing that is backed by a 10-Year Warranty. Our pricing is also typically in the middle of the pack for our industry. Some contractors might charge more but we really do think in 99% of these situations that you are not getting any better value for paying more. Some contractors might also charge less, but rarely can match Moldman in terms of experience, track record, certifications, 5 star reviews and proper insurance to cover your property. The last point about mold insurance is an important one. Mold insurance is a specialty insurance that is expensive and harder to find. Why does this matter to you? Because if they don’t have the proper mold insurance and something happens on a job to either them or your home, their insurance may deny their claim or worse yet, you might be liable. If you have questions about pricing, please contact us. We provide Free Quotes and our work is backed by a 10-year transferable warranty.
Why Choose Moldman?
What makes us different and the best option for you?
Expertise: Thousands of jobs completed since opening in 2006
No Scare tactics: No baloney, no overhyping mold problems, no scare tactics ever like many competitors.
Easy to work with: We know many contractors are hard to work with. This is not us!
Dependable : We show up on time, do what we say we are going to do, but also recognize that no one is perfect and will own up when we make a mistake and make it right
Proper Insurance: We have specialty mold insurance to protect you and your property, whereas many contractors doing mold work do not have the right coverage to protect you and your home
Specialization : All we do is mold and water damage, providing us with level of knowledge that is hard to match